It happens to all of us at one time or another … our closets begin to take on a bit of a monochromatic hue. We tend to go through phases of what we like and what we don’t, and our closets reflect those preferences – along with current fads and trends.
If you tend to choose the same colors over and over, here’s what they might say about you:
- Red is generally considered powerful and strong. It suggests that you are not afraid to seek, and get, attention. It is often said to be the color of attraction.
- Fun, active, lively, and yellow! Yellow is often associated with the sun, and therefore has fun and positive connotations.
- Black is the universal color of authority and gives the perception you are powerful and confident. Of course, black fabrics that are soft or frilly can soften that edge.
- Pink signifies affection, loving and vulnerability.
- As the color of sky and water, blue is associated with loyalty and authority. It also is thought to have calming and relaxing qualities for those around you.
- Purple tends to be a creative and confident color indicating the wearer is self-assured.
- Green’s common association with nature gives it positive connotations and can inspire feelings of peace and contentment.
- Gray signifies neutrality, sophistication and confidence
- Wearing orange can make you seem social, friendly and approachable.
- If your closet is dominated by brown, it might mean you are solid, reliable, geniuine and stable.
What color is your closet? Are these color comments on the mark or just for fun?
Read more about style and color in these articles: