Whether it’s an overnight at the in-laws or more like a scene from the movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles, most of us will be doing some travel over the upcoming holiday season. And – in the spirit of this joyous but sometimes hectic season – packing can become an even bigger challenge when you factor in transporting gifts, food, drink and other holiday treats.
As you get ready to deck your halls and pack your bags, keep these Top 10 Tips from Klinke’s in mind to arrive at your destination looking fresh (even if you’re feeling a bit frazzled):
- Check the forecast so you can be best prepared for the elements when you arrive. Even if you’re not going far, a few degrees or a lack of sunshine can make a big difference when it comes to being prepared and comfortable.
- If you’re flying, double check size and weight restrictions for carry-on and checked bags. Nothing can unleash the inner Scrooge faster than unexpected baggage fees.
- Start with the right bag for the job. Short trips and small bags go together. The bigger the bag, the more likely you are to keep throwing items in, even if you won’t realistically need them.
- Spread everything out on a table or bed before you put it in your bag so you can get a full sense of everything you have.
- Emphasize items that can pull two shifts, such as the perfect black pants that can go from day to evening with ease or blouses that can be dressed up or down depending on which accessories you choose.
- We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again: When you’re ready to get packing, ROLL rather than fold. This one really works! Roll together complete outfits so everything you need when you’re ready to get dressed or change outfits is at your fingertips.
- While holidays are supposed to be relaxing, using the laundry facilities at your destination can significantly reduce what you need to pack – a worthwhile trade-off, especially for longer stretches away from home.
- Dedicate one small bag to items everyone can share and use, such as travel games and phone chargers.
- Stash your Klinke Cleaners bag in your suitcase as a convenient way to separate out items that will need to go right to the dry cleaner when you get home.
- If you need last-minute gift ideas, maybe someone on your shopping list is in need of a new travel bag, packing cubes or other items to make holiday travel as smooth as possible this season.
From our family and our team to yours, we wish you a very happy holiday season and for all good things to come in the New Year!