When it comes dressing for the busy social season, think adaptable and flexible to transition from day to evening and office to party.
Unless there is a truly special occasion on the calendar, such as a black-tie gala or the classic Ugly Christmas Sweater party, most of us don’t want or need to go out and buy new clothes this time of year when resources are already dedicated to entertaining and gift giving.
Follow these tips from Klinke’s, your neighborhood dry cleaner, to sparkle and shine your way through the holidays:
- Get “black” to basics. It may be the season of red and green, but it’s hard to go wrong with black – whether in the form of basic black wool pants, a sleek turtleneck sweater or the classic little black dress. Before the calendar gets too crazy, make a sweep of your closet to make sure these staple items are fresh and clean and ready to serve as the foundation of your holiday outfits.
- Add eye-catching accessories. Those basics we mentioned above can be dressed up in seconds with some festive jewelry or a sparkly scarf. Keep a few key accessories in your office or travel bag so you can instantly transform an outfit on-the-go and be ready for impromptu gatherings or unexpected invites.
- Ruffle some feathers. Holiday flair comes in all shapes and sizes, especially when it comes to a ruffled blouse, a layer of tulle or faux fur accents to jazz up your outfit.
- Choose festive fabrics. Satin and velvet literally shine during the holiday season. A sheer blouse adds immediate style. Even the perfect cotton plaid has a place at the table.
- Be merry and bright. While basic black is always a great choice, don’t be afraid to spruce up your outfit with color. Jewel tones – think sapphire and amethyst in addition to emerald and ruby – are especially fun and festive.
We’d love to hear more about your favorite holiday party ideas and how you extend your wardrobe during this hectic season. Most importantly, remember Klinke Cleaners is here to help keep you looking your best during the holiday season, and all throughout the year!