At Klinke Cleaners, one of our traditions is to be as grateful as possible every day. But when Thanksgiving rolls around, the importance of showing gratitude becomes even more prominent. We’d like to take a moment to share some of the things we’re grateful for — including winning some wonderful awards in 2014 — as well as some of the strategies that help us remain grateful throughout the year.
In 2014, Klinke Cleaners was honored to receive Madison Magazine’s Best of Madison Gold award for the dry cleaners category. We were also voted the Star of Madison in the Wisconsin State Journal reader’s poll, Best of Monona in the Monona Herald Independent newspaper, and Best of Sun Prairie in the Sun Prairie Star.
The reason we bring these awards up is not to brag … it’s to say THANK YOU to each and every Klinke Cleaners customer! Whether you bring in two shirts every few months, or twenty garments a week, we’re grateful that you choose us for your dry cleaning and laundering needs.
What are You Grateful For?
Enough about us. We’d like to ask what you’re grateful for. You don’t necessarily have to share your thoughts on our blog (although you’re welcome to), but what events are you grateful for that occurred in 2014? What family members, friends or colleagues are you grateful for? We highly encourage you to let the people you’re grateful for know how you feel. It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give somebody, and it doesn’t cost a dime!
Gratitude Gives Both Ways …
Finding ways to be grateful on a daily basis can increase happiness and endorphins, as well as lower stress and decrease your chances of getting sick. These are all benefits that the person being grateful receives. Of course, the recipient of gratitude can enjoy all of these benefits, too. Plus, sharing your gratitude for someone can turn their day around — or even give them the confidence they need to be more successful.
Ways to be Grateful Every Day
1) Look on the bright side of things. Most of us know this as the “glass half full,” philosophy. What we’re really saying is to focus on the positive instead of the negative. It’s interesting, as we become more mindful about the positive, more positive things start to happen in our lives.
2) Get in the habit of saying thank you more, even for little things. For example, does your spouse typically do the wash? Sure, it’s an everyday chore, but he or she will still appreciate a thank you and the acknowledgement of their efforts.
3) Keep a gratitude journal. Writing just a couple of sentences about what you’re grateful for each day can go a long way in helping you have a better quality of life.
4) Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while, and tell them why you’re grateful for them. Include lots of details. It could be a parent, a sibling or your favorite teacher that changed your life.
5) Be more mindful. You may have noticed all of these tips have something in common … mindfulness. The more mindful you are about being grateful, the more gratitude you will express each day. It’s really that simple.
Thank you for visiting Klinke Cleaners. We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!