If you’ve shopped at a big box department store lately, you might have noticed something strange. Gone are the back-to-school supplies and in their place are the first sightings of winter holiday decorations. But let’s not skip right over fall, a season beloved by many for pulling out cozy sweaters, watching football and flavoring everything with pumpkin spice
Autumn is also a season for trendwatching, both for great fall fashions and for predicting what’s going to be hot in the year ahead. Here are a few things that have caught our eye recently:
- Unexpected colors are truly eye popping. While most of us associate fall with the earthy colors of changing leaves, the hottest colors of the season and bright, bold and unexpected. Harper’s Bazaar has a fun summary here of the five must have colors of fall 2019. Who hasn’t been waiting for “pistachio green” to make a comeback?
- Ditch the coat and try a cape. Marvel movies may be box office gold right now, but capes are no longer just for superheroes! Whether tossing the right cape casually over jeans, a sweater and boots or giving a power suit even more fashion punch, check out Elle’s 2019 fall fashion round up for cape-spiration and 14 other seasonal trends, straight from NYC Fashion Week.
- Don’t break the bank. POPSUGAR’s fall fashion round ups are all about keeping it fun and affordable. One of their top trends is “modern romance,” which highlights slightly frilly fabrics and soft floral prints. When you need a few minutes of downtime, have some fun flipping through their online slideshows.
- Hey guys: Mix, match and maximize. Let’s not forget about men’s fashion. This fall, Esquire has great tips for how to make the most of a few key items to look great effortlessly and easily go from work to play. Check out their summary here.
- You can’t go wrong with the classics. Keeping up with ever-evolving trends can be a drain on resources. It’s never a bad choice to stick with the basics – a classic black dress or your favorite jeans – and to bring bits and pieces of trendier items in as you layer and accessorize this season.
Pull on a sweater, grab a pumpkin spice latte and flip on the Packer game. Fall is here and so are a host of fun seasonal trends to keep you in the fashion game. And when your fall favorites need care and attention, you know where to find Klinke’s, Your Neighborhood Dry Cleaner.