The wool is packed away and all those bulky outer layers have been stored. Light and breezy summer fabrics feel great after a long winter under lots of layers, but some summer fabrics require extra care and attention. That’s where Klinke Cleaners, your neighborhood dry cleaner, comes in. Who wants to spend their summer worrying over the care of high maintenance silks, linens and other delicates? We can help.
Follow these five tips from Klinke’s and keep your summer days a bit more carefree.
- Don’t let stains sit. Sweat, sunscreen and bug repellent – oh my! Not to mention grass stains and ketchup from outdoor picnics and parties. If stains get left unattended at the bottom of the laundry pile, all hope might be lost. Best to bring your toughest stains to your neighborhood Klinke Cleaners as soon as possible.
- When it comes to silks and linens, leave it to the professionals. We’ve seen too many beautiful silk blouses and perfect linen pants wrecked due to well-intentioned attempts at handwashing and ironing. Trust us when we say, it’s not worth the risk!
- Don’t waste precious time on your work wardrobe. Wisconsinites are used to packing in all kinds of extra fun activities during the months of higher temperatures and more daylight. Use our Express Service to ensure key pieces of your work wardrobe are ready to go back to the office – even if you’re not.
- Extend the life of swimwear. Swimwear, especially fashion swimwear, is notorious for wearing out quickly. If you’re lucky to be spending quality time at the beach or a pool this summer, check out this guide from The Spruce for the best washing and caretaking tips for swimwear.
- Don’t neglect your gear. Summer items such as outdoor furniture covers and sleeping bags can take a beating during the summer. Not only can regular dry cleaning help extend the life of these items, it ensures they’re always fresh and ready for the next outdoor dinner party or family camping trip.
We all know it will feel like the blink of an eye before winter starts creeping back in here in Wisconsin. Enjoy a little more sunshine and summer fun with some extra help from your friends at Klinke Cleaners.